TB Storage Return & Warranty Policy
This Return & Warranty Policy applies to all TB Storage on-selling products, including but not limited to Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, Intel and Broadcom.
Unless covered under other contractual agreement, the following applies to all consumer customer returns:
- You should pay shipping costs for all shipments from you to TB Storage.
- Send your product to TB Storage using the carrier of your choice. Please use a method with ability to trace shipment. TB Storage is not responsible for shipments for which the carrier cannot provide proof of delivery.
- If your product is under warranty, TB Storage will pay for the shipping costs of replacement products from TB Storage to you. You should pay all applicable duties and customs charges for shipments to and from TB Storage, unless otherwise authorized.
- TB Storage is not responsible for loss or damage during transit. We suggest that you purchase freight insurance on your shipments.
- NO COLLECT SHIPMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED without prior authorization from TB Storage. Shipments arriving at TB Storage with charges due will be rejected.
- You are responsible for saving or backing up data contained in any product returned to TB Storage. TB STORAGE WILL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH DATA AND WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF SUCH DATA WHILE THE PRODUCT IS IN TB STORAGE'S POSSESSION.
Return Product Notice
- Please do a detailed appearance check before returning the products to TB Storage.
- Physical damages include but are not limited to any scratch, dent, deform, dirt, sticker, handwriting, broken, missing, rusty and burnt.
- Any of the mentioned physical damage occurs on Label, Top Cover, Connector, Base, Media, Screw or other parts, the product’s warranty is voided.
- For more damage contents and judgment details, please refer to TB Storage Return & Warranty Judgment Standard.
Replacement Product Notice
- Your original product will NOT be returned to you.
- Replacement products are factory-certified products.
- Delivery is during normal business hours to the address you provide.
- All data and software on your returned product(s) will be lost.
- Replacement products arrive low-level formatted.
- Any required data recovery service must be completed BEFORE requesting an RMA from TB Storage.
THE TB STORAGE RMA (RETURN MATERIAL AUTHORIZATION) NUMBER ISSUED IS VALID ONLY FOR THE RETURN OF NON-CONFORMING PRODUCT UNDER WARRANTY.
You agree not to submit to any products except in conjunction with a justified warranty claim. For example, you shall not send us through this RMA process any counterfeit products, products that we previously lost through theft or otherwise, products for which warranty coverage has expired or never existed (this is usually evidenced by removed, damaged, or tampered labels), products that have only defects that are not covered by warranty (for example, most of our warranty statements do not cover problems caused by accident, abuse, neglect, shock, electrostatic discharge, heat or humidity, improper installation, operation, maintenance or modification, by other equipment or lost passwords, or by any other misuse contrary to the instructions in the user manual). Products that are determined to be No Trouble Found (NTF) are not eligible for warranty service. Before returning your product, you may determine the condition of your product and whether it is eligible to be returned under warranty. TB Storage reserves the right to return NTF products back to their owner and may charge for associated shipping costs. TB Storage reserves its right to exercise all of its legal rights in connection with fraudulent returns.
Drives for ChiaCoin mining will not be covered under warranty
In the recent Chiacoin mining boom, the drives will be burned out at a rapid pace, due to the constant writing demands during the Chia farming process. The manufacturer announced that drives for mining will not be covered under warranty.
Please help sort out before returning the defective drives, or the RMA request will be rejected by the manufacturer`s QC Dept if they detect the drives used for mining.
Refund Policy for HDD without Resources
Given the cases of no resource for HDD return due to model discontinue or shortage, we update the warranty & RMA terms hereinafter:
1. HDD that has no resource for returning should adopt the method of refund. The standard of refund is attached.
|Product Line||Seagate||Western Digital||Toshiba|
|Warranty Period||3 Years||3 Years||5 Years|
|Year 1 Credit||100%||100%||100%|
|Year 2 Credit||75%||75%||75%|
|Year 3 Credit||50%||50%||50%|
|Year 4 Credit||N/A||N/A||25%|
|Year 5 Credit||N/A||N/A||10%|
2. Year 1 commences on date TB Storage ships the product and ends the day before the first anniversary of shipment invoiced date; Year 2 commences on the first anniversary of shipment invoiced date and ends the day before the second anniversary of shipment invoiced date; etc.
TB Storage RMA Team,
Download Here: TB Storage Return & Warranty Judgment Standard.PDF