LSI MegaRAID 9361-8i LSI00417 SAS 2G 12Gb/s RAID Controller
Last month we have introduced you LSI 1GB 9361-8i, this week we are going to introduce you a larger-capacity model number from the same serial, LSI 2GB 9361-8i. In fact, these two model numbers share with the very similar specifications.
Now, let’s first have a look at its specifications.
Manufacturer LSI Logic Corp
Product Model SAS 9361-8i
Physical Dimensions Low profile (2.6’’x 6.6’’)
MTBF 1,343,187 hours
- Eight ports of 12Gb/s SAS + SATA ports
- Eight lanes of PCI Express 3.0
- Low-profile form factor
- 2 Mini-SAS SFF8643 HD connectors
- 2GB 1866MHz DDRIII SDRAM Cache Memory (while that for LSI 1GB 9361-8i is 1GB 1866MHz DDRIII SDRAM Cache Memory)
- Provides connectivity in a low-profile form factor
- 8 lanes of PCI Express 3.0 provides fast signaling for high bandwidth applications
- High performance with 12Gb/s SAS data transfer rates
- Supports up to 240 SATA and/or SAS devices
From above we can see that besides the cache memory, LSI 1GB 9361-8i and 2GB 9361-8i share the same specifications. But observed from the backboard of these two model numbers, we see that the 2GB model number embraces larger capacitance than the 1GB one, which would enable it to have higher performance in bypassing, decoupling, filtering wave and storing energy.
Should you have long been a fan for LSI 1GB 9361-8i but is increasingly disturbed by the need for higher performance due to the ever-growing storage capacity, let’s replace it with its 2GB model number.
We are looking forward to receiving your inquiry.